Did you know that almost 7 million blogs are published on the internet every day? That’s a huge number! Isn’t it? If you are considering jumping into the pool of blogging, then it is highly important now more than ever to learn the right mechanisms required to create effective and valuable posts. The surge in blog posts published online makes it necessary for you to understand the intricacies of how to write a blog. Whether you want to pursue a career in writing, or start blogging as a side-gig and earn some extra bucks, it is important to head in the right direction first.
Today we are going to share an overview of blog writing. We will share some useful tips that will help you craft impressive and valuable blog posts quickly. Moreover, we will be discussing the significance of blogging in the digital era.
What Is A Blog Post?
A blog post can be best defined as a type of entry within a blog that includes content in the form of texts, videos, images, infographics, etc.
Nowadays, blogging has become a potential tool for businesses, and individual writers in the digitally advanced world. Brands use blogs as a marketing strategy to reach their target audience, increase their online visibility and inform the world about their business. Whereas, an individual writer may use blog writing to build a portfolio to showcase their skills and attract new clients.
Do you notice what’s common in both scenarios? The main goal is to “sell”, whether it’s to sell the products and services, or the skills.
But, why is writing a blog post perceived as an effective platform, despite the wide availability of several other media channels? Let’s find out!
The Importance Of Blogging In 2021
It all started with the simple purpose of journaling the thoughts and life journeys on the web, which eventually made blog writing popular. Later on, the little experiment to introduce professional intent in the blog posts turned out to be successful. And, this is what changed the game, forever!
Earlier professional bloggers used to avail of the opportunity of promoting their personally owned brands by writing a blog and using it to propagate their business. Once the results started showing up, it proved to be the turning point in the marketing world!
The marketing industry has witnessed a revolutionary change, and technology is on the dominating front. Digital marketing has successfully overpowered traditional marketing tactics. Blogging has become an indispensable content marketing strategy that prevails on the internet.
Let us discuss some of the major purposes of blog posts creation in the technologically driven world.
Talk About Your Passion
People are naturally excited to share their thoughts about the things or activities they feel passionately about. You may be a person who loves photography, cooking, art, or just anything. Writing about the things that you enjoy doing enables you to connect with like-minded people. It further empowers you to build a community of individuals who share the same interests and passion as you have.
But, if you don’t know how to write a blog then would you be able to clearly convey your thoughts on your passion? No! Thus, regardless of who you are and what you do, blog writing allows you to expand your roots and open the unimaginable doors of success in life.
Educate The Audience
You could be someone who loves teaching or holds extensive knowledge in a certain area or subject. The best and easiest way to share the information out there with the world is by writing a blog. Of course, you can make a video but many people are not comfortable with recording themselves. Hence, blog posts are the perfect way to make the most of your expertise and teach those who are interested in learning.
Now, what’s more in it for you? You can monetize your blogs and start earning for the valuable information you put out there.
Earn The Exposure With Regular Blog Posting
If you already own a business and wondering how to start a blog to reap the maximum benefits, then focus on being consistent. Yes, like everything else, consistency is the key in the blogging world, too. Being regular facilitates business exposure in a multitude of ways.
First of all, frequent blog posting increases your numbers which leads to Google indexing your site fairly. As a result, the chances of your website’s visibility on the search engines also improve. Moreover, if you create interesting content blog content for other publications in the same industry niche as yours, it helps the target audience to notice your business. The surge in relevant traffic means increased conversion rates.
This is the 21st century, and the competition is real! Be it any field, building authority is important to be recognized in this fast-paced world. Whether you are an author, or someone willing to speak about their industry niche at events, you need to have a strong authority first.
Writing a blog post about your specific niche helps you get recognition in the industry and establish authority. How will it help you? If your blogs are powerful enough to get noticed by the audience and media, this will pave your way for the podcasts, interviews, and invites to speak on the subject publically.
The Game Of Search Engine Ranking
Blog post writing includes many aspects, than simply writing the copies. It is one of the most significant tools to improve your appearance on search engines. Frequently posting relevant content by targeting highly searched keywords is a successful method to improve the SEO of any web page. It eventually captures the target audiences’ attention and better ROI.
Marketing And Blog Post Writing: The Real Connection
Let us quickly help you understand how writing a blog post helps businesses and serves as an excellent marketing tool.
- Maintain a marketing strategy: The marketing landscape has truly changed and demands long-term solutions. Blogs are the perfect way to survive in this competitive world to retain the audience’s interest while also promoting several media channels by linking them within the blog.
- Allure new clients: Sometimes people are aware of the functionality of blogging, but they are clueless about how to create a blog for the benefit of a business. If you use blogging the right way, then it can serve as a highly useful component to attract relevant traffic to your site. Include SEO practices, such as keywords, Meta descriptions, titles, headings, sub-headings you increase a blog’s visibility on the web.
These are the factors considered by Google algorithm and crawlers while ranking any website on the search engines. Make the most of this opportunity to outshine your competitors.
- Trust building and reputation management: Posting tailor-made content for your target audience helps in creating a strong online presence. Businesses use this opportunity in their favor by posting content that helps in trust build-up among the present and prospective customers. This is an excellent way to create a strong reputation in the market and even become an industry leader.
- Self-advertisement through blogging: Writing a blog could be one of the most successful ways to advertise your business subtly. Indeed, conventional ads never fail to reach a wider audience range.
However, blogging is the more creative strategy where you write an informative post, and then refer a specific service or product to the readers. It helps you educate your audience instead of rubbing your brand on their face.
- Build a voice: Learning how to write a blog is an effective way for any business to create its voice. Sharing opinions and views on certain subjects. This helps brands in creating a person. Cover up various market trends in the blogs, and share content that educates your audience.
Write A Killer Blog: The Perfect Blog Writing Format
The foundations of a blog post lie in its formatting structure. Hence, it is important to first understand how to create a blog and format it, before learning the blog writing process and tips.
After all, the format plays a huge role in the marketing world as it concerns the appearance of your post. So, let’s start.
- Attention-getter headline: The headline or title of your blog has to be strong as well as interesting enough to encourage the audience to check out your post. Always include your main keyword in the heading to appear in the web search results.
- Use sub-headings: The sub-headers instantly create a visible difference in the content and increase the readability. Diving the content into various sections under relevant sub-headings not only makes it look organized but also appeals to the readers.
- Use bold texts: Go bold with your texts to highlight a point or sentence in the blog post. It works as an amazing tactic to hold the reader’s attention.
- Keep the paragraphs short:If you want to learn how to write a blog for any website, the most useful tip would be writing short paragraphs. It helps in targeting a specific topic within a certain paragraph, which increases the emphasis of the idea you want to address. Avoid lengthy paragraphs as they seem outright unappealing to the audience.
- Use lists or bullet points: Filling your entire write-up with piles of information divided into multiple paragraphs might not help you in effectively communicating your ideas. A better way would be to include bullet points to discuss significant points. Not only it looks appealing but also serves as an efficient way to put forth what’s important.
- Strong introduction: Most people get stuck as they don’t know how to start a blog, and what would be the appropriate approach for doing it. The key is to write an introductory paragraph that informs the audience about what they can expect from the post. Moreover, it has to compel the readers to read further.
- Conclusion: A lot of times bloggers make the huge mistake of not adding a conclusion while wrapping up their post. The concluding paragraph is where you present a summary of your entire write-up. It quickly helps them understand what the content is all about.
- CTA: Call-to-action is a potentially strong, yet often overlooked aspect of quality blog writing format. It could be about promoting a product or service by adding a link or encouraging your readers to comment and share your post.
- Utilize social sharing in your favor: What could be a better use of a blog post than increasing your outreach and audience on the social media platforms? Don’t shy away from linking your social buttons to the blogs to enable easy sharing options for the audience.
The Process Of Writing A Blog Post From Scratch
It’s time we jump in and introduce you to the step-by-step process of “how to create a blog post” right from the scratch.
Step #1: Plan Your Content
Needless to say, planning plays a huge role while writing any type of content from both professional and academic perspectives. However, if you do not spend enough time planning things beforehand, then the rest of your efforts may go in vain.
This is the stage where you need to do your “homework” before moving on to actually penning down your thoughts. Let us discuss this in detail.
- Select A Topic of Interest: While writing a blog always choose a topic that interests you. After all, how are you going to retain the readers or attract the audience if you don’t feel excited about the subject? Your lack of interest would be visible in the content. As a result, the final copy might turn out to be boring.
- Start with An Outline: If you want to ensure positive outcomes in your blogging journey always start with a strong outline. It gives you an idea how your final copy would look like. Whether you are working on a lengthy blog post, or a short one always creates an outline first.
The outline helps you keep your piece organized, and well-structured. Scan through a perfectly crafted example of a blog by the top-performing business in your niche to create a powerful outline. It helps in balancing the content logically and reduces the chances of the content being all over the place.
- Research the Subject: While reading the blogs on any website you may feel that bloggers know everything, which is not true! If you truly want to establish your authority on a certain topic then doing in-depth research is highly important.
Look through various credible resources to gather the data on the topic. For instance, go for government sites, articles from verified publications, official associations, or directly from the brand you are writing about.
Step #2: Craft an Interesting Headline To Hook The Audience
You need to be careful while writing the headline. It decides whether or not a person would read your post further. The headline also allows the writer to stick to a point instead of heading in multiple directions. The title of your blog should be interesting enough to attract your target audience and paint a clear picture of the subject. While writing a blog headline add some factors that compel the audience to click on it.
There are two major approaches that you can follow to craft the title. Either decide the headline at the start and then write the rest of the content or write your blog post and then decide on a title. You do not have to follow any rule, just do what works best for you. However, make sure that the title is specific, attention-getter, and relevant.
A lot of marketers have started adopting the policy of click-baiting their audience with headlines that give out a false idea about the content. This is a highly Avoid taking this road at all costs! Keep things genuine, but exciting.
So, how to create a blog headline? Is there any formula for that?
Bloggers have invented their own successful ways to write a catchy headline. You can do it in three ways; by inducing a feeling of threat, making the most of social currency, or adding practical value. Let us elaborate on this.
- Social Currency: It is basically benefitting from the socially popular trends and using them in your favor. It is highly possible that if a huge percentage of people are interested in something, there could be many who might want to do it too.
Example of a blog headline based on social currency factor:
- Top 10 Healthy Drinks To Stay Hydrated In Summers
- Popular iOS Apps That You Must Have On Your iPhone!
- Practical Value: It means, creates the headline in such a way that it shows your content is useful and how your post could add value to the readers’ lives.
Examples of practical value blog post title:
- Top 10 Habits For Clear Skin: Recommended By Dermatologists
- Best Tips To Increase Your Focus While Studying
- Threat: This includes warning the audience about something. Why does it work? The threat works as an excellent way to motivate people to take an action and check out how to do the damage control.
Threat inducing blog title example:
- The Biggest Reason People Always Ignore Your Needs
- Stop Doing This Or You Will Lose Your Money!
Step #3: Write the Content
So far we have discussed planning the post, creating the outline, researching the essential information, and crafting an impressive headline. Now, you must be thinking about how to write a blog that keeps the audience engaged throughout.
Now, there are two ways for writing a blog. You can start working on the draft copy and wrap everything up in a single sitting. Or, take your time and work on different parts of your blog post over time. There is no hard and fast rule. You can go for anything that works the best for you.
It is important to follow the right structure and put the information logically to ensure a meaningful output. Mostly, people are confused about how to start a blog. This is the number one reason they procrastinate on the task.
You need to draft an introduction that clearly explains what your post is all about. Write something catchy, which, at the same time educates the readers. Moreover, keep it concise, insightful, and interesting. Do include your focused keyword in the introduction to improve the outreach of your blog. Then, follow the outline you created, in the beginning, to stay in the direction you have decided. As we discussed earlier, avoid stretching the length of your paragraphs and maintain a transition.
Step #4: Make the Best Use of Visuals
As you write any type of content for the online audience, always remember that visuals play an integral role. Most of the times people just scroll through the internet without paying much attention to the content they come across. Unless there is something that stimulates their mind.
Visuals are the best way to spark up the audience’s interest. And, you can use images in your favor by including them in your blog post. It is the best tool to effectively put out the information for your readers without having them go through a wordy post. You can also use pictures to break up the textual content into multiple parts and make the blog look more appealing.
Images are excellent for generating emotions in the audience and helps in developing a stronger connection with the readers. You can include “Alt Txt” in the images which enhances the reachability of your blogs. Infographics, charts, tables, and diagrams could help you share the information more efficiently. This works the best while talking about complicated subjects.
Step #5: Proofread and Edit Your Final Draft
You cannot simply write down your blog and publish it on online platforms. As much as it is crucial to learn how to write a blog you must understand that editing is foremost. Nobody is perfect, and mistakes are bound to happen while writing any type of content, whether online or offline.
When you indulge in working on crafting the perfect content, a lot goes on in the mind. You need to take care of the information, where to put what, the language that you use, etc. Therefore, you might make a few errors here and there.
The mistakes could be related to grammar, spelling, sentence formation, etc. Going through the entire piece all over again allows you to analyze the quality of the content, and also correct the mistakes. You might realize that the content is a bit boring, and requires a punch. Or, you might have unknowingly repeated the same point twice. Proofreading after writing a blog allows you to detect problems that you did not know existed.
You need to ensure that there is a natural flow of ideas, and everything seems cohesive. Include transition words to maintain a smooth progression of thoughts. Do not forget to check for plagiarism in your blogs, which is a critical aspect.
Writing a blog post could be quite tough. But, with the right strategies, you can successfully craft a compelling blog post copy. Blogging is the need of the hour which helps in creating brand awareness, build authority, and increase the conversion rates for any business. Hiring qualified experts from blog writing services guarantees the best results. The experienced professionals are well-versed in the technicalities involved in building a blog that’s able to grab the attention that you need!