Ebooks are a powerful tool when it comes to marketing. They are an amazing way to share useful information about your products, services, or methods with the interested audience. Moreover, it helps in establishing a brand’s authority and improving its credibility in the business. Despite understanding this fact, most businesses or writers fail to incorporate it into practice. Why? It’s because they do not know how to write an ebook.
Today, we will help you understand what makes ebooks so significant. Further, we will discuss some feasible and effective tips to write compelling ebooks.
What Makes An Ebook So Important?
The internet is full of blogs and articles. So, why would a business offer an ebook to its readers? Does writing an ebook really helps?
- An ebook can be accessed by anyone available on the web. You can distribute among a large audience and whenever you feel like it. There is are no shipping charges or production costs involved.
- The best part about an ebook is its accessibility. There is no need to go to any physical store. It can be made available immediately. Moreover, portability is a wonderful aspect.
- Ebooks are easily searchable. It makes them an ideal option for businesses.
- They allow the users to dive into the depths of a subject by serving as a more focused platform.
- An ebook encompasses compelling visuals that go well with the written content. Hence, you can include graphs, charts that might not be possible in the case of a blog.
So, basically, we can say that an ebook helps in:
- Building credibility as an expert
- Attracting new audience
- Bringing value to your content
- Generating revenue
- Get new leads
Different Formats For Writing Ebook
There are several formats available for writing an ebook. You may choose any as per your end-user goals. Let’s check them out.
- PDF: The Portable Documented Format is a popular format for writing book files for computers.
- EPUB: Expanded as Electronic Publication, EPUB is an ideal choice for mobile phones and tablets. Moreover, they are specifically suitable for small screen devices.
- MOBI: The Mobipocket Reader Software is compatible with a wide range of e-readers. It comes with DRM support.
- AZW: The e-book design is exclusive to the Kindle device. Although, it is available for mobile devices, computers, and tablets.
- ODF: The OpenDocumentFormat file is primarily meant for OpenOffice.
- IBA: This ebook format is proprietary for the Apple iBooks Author App. It comes with image, sound, and video support. Moreover, the interactive elements make it an ideal choice.
How To Write Ebooks That Sell In 2021? Practical Tips
It is natural for people to feel clueless when they begin with their ebook writing journey. Hence, we have curated a list of some important tips that work like charm for writing ebooks.
1. Topic Selection
You must be mindful while choosing a topic for your ebook. The idea is to drive sales by generating new leads. Hence, ideate, brainstorm and choose a compelling topic to lure your prospective audience to download your copy. Moreover, go for something that you already know about.
As per the experts, it is best to avoid hot selling topics as the market is already saturated with lots of options. Therefore, go for something fresh and with higher chances of selling. It requires deep industry research work to create something worthy.
2. Leverage Your Expertise
Sometimes we are not aware of where our expertise lies. Thus, the best way to identify it is by going through a few blogs, magazines that you most frequently check out. Performing this act would help in clarifying your perspective.
Explore as much as you can about the subject. Wondering how to make an ebook interesting and informative? Go through a few articles published by the industry leaders. Performing an x-ray of such material would help in painting a clear picture of the topics. Further, it would give you a key idea about what topics to cover.
3. Know Your Audience
It is primary to understand the needs and wants of the audience while writing an ebook. If a business already has a website where they regularly post blogs, articles, or send out email newsletters to the customers, then half of the work is done.
It means, the audience base already exists. So, you can easily assess their requirements and include relevant topics in the ebook.
Now, how would you take care of the idea generation part?
- Ideate and think of 7-8 ebook titles and the topics that you can cover. Further, survey the audience to understand their preference.
- Check out the emails or audience comments. Try to identify the recurring problems. Doing this will provide you with a clear picture of the topics that you could address in your ebook.
4. Outlining Every Chapter In The Ebook
Outline plays an important role while strategizing any type of content. It keeps everything organized and provides content with a well-defined structure.
Hook the readers with an interesting introduction that gives them an idea about what’s ahead. At this stage identify the content you will be covering further. Moreover, it is crucial to maintain a smooth flow and transition within the ebook.
Just keep everything concise, to the point, and relevant from the audience’s perspective. The purpose is to educate the audience without being too wordy.
5. Verify The Facts Thoroughly
If the industry you are writing for requires you to present facts and stats, then always double-check them. Go through various credible sources as you only want to present your audience with accurate information.
A lot of times publishers end up adding false information just to suit their write-ups. Hence, you must go through government publications, reliable websites, and authentic studies to garner the true figures.
6. Visually Powerful Elements
Images play an integral role in increasing the value of any ebook. They are complementary to the writing part. Moreover, visuals and graphics can make or break the look and feel of your ebook. Hence, you must ensure that they fit well with the content.
It is an intelligent way to enhance the worth of the information inside. Further, images help you convey the message or information more easily.
7. Include A Call-To-Action Within The Ebook
After the writing and designing part comes the optimization. How does it help? It drives the process of lead generation, promotion, and reconversion.
You can check out some ebook example conclusions or recall the CTA placement you have noticed in the emails. A Call-to-action is basically a component that encourages the audience to take an action in your desired direction. This way, there are higher chances of the readers getting engaged with your company.
Thus, add a CTA into your ebook to propel your existing and future readers to be a part of your marketing strategy. For instance, a CTA that leads the audience to a specific web page, offer, or registration page.
8. A Dedicated Landing Page For Your Ebook
Since we are talking about what is an ebook, let us look at some ways to attract the right audience to it. Building a dedicated landing page for your ebook on the website would be really helpful.
Now, you could use the landing page to share the latest offers for the ebook and share a form to access it. This is an excellent strategy to enjoy higher conversion and boost sales.
9. Plan The Blueprint For Effective Content
While writing ebook a lot of people lose track and end up creating a mess. The best way to approach this part is by following the outline you had prepared. Doing that would make things easier for you.
Planning everything section by section is the way to go. Do not worry about messing up, things can be restored once you are done with the first draft.
So, what should you include in the content?
- Address the “why”, which is, the purpose of writing the ebook. Moreover, it is essential to recognize the key elements your target audience demands. Answer their potential queries.
- You must understand that an ebook should consist of impactful and relevant details rather than lengthy paragraphs. Hence, always include stats, figures, data, and well-referenced facts.
Make sure to gather the information from credible resources. Doing this would make your ebook more valuable.
- Another efficient factor is storytelling. Include real-life incidents as examples to build a connection with the audience. Using social proof is a great way to ensure powerful results.
- Ponder over the type of audience you wish to cover. Is the ebook for amateurs or the industry experts? Assess it to decide upon the tone of writing you would be following throughout the content.
- A personal touch could instantly help you build authority among the audience. It would give them a clear picture of your business and leave a long-lasting imprint in their minds.
Ebooks are undoubtedly an essential way to generate leads and offer an enriching experience to the audience. It is cost-effective but ensures promising results by boosting the sales volumes. A new brand can leverage ebooks for brand awareness. Moreover, a business can achieve a decent position in the industry and develop authority. A business can hire professional ebook writing services to enjoy its innumerable benefits and take the growth chart up.